A Foolproof Green Smoothie Recipe
Here’s a simple, fool-proof recipe for building a green smoothie with no added sugar but a good amount of sweetness. All you need to do with blitz the below ingredients in a blender and follow the below ratios.
- Mixed frozen fruit
- A sweet fruit (e.g. pineapple, peaches), also frozen
- Greens (any1)
- Adds body
- Only need a little nub or so
- Best to use non-frozen since frozen can be hard to blend
- Tangy fruits (.e.g, raspberry)
- Covers up the flavor of the vegetables
- Use unsweetened almond/soy/cashew/oat milk instead of water
- Usually thicker than water
- Liquid-to-fruit ratio is 2:1 by volume. You can eyeball it using the cup you intend to drink from.
- Greens can be as much or as little as you want.
- You really don’t want to use mustard greens. [return]